Sunday, July 13, 2008

Texas meets the Big Apple

My sister and I traveled to New York City this spring for a visit that was part work, part play. I've pinpointed some of the highlights of the trip on the map below. I am experimenting with Google Maps, which is a handy application that my students will probably use this year. Click on the blue pins to see photos and comments. It's only a tiny bite of the Big Apple, but it's still pretty tasty.

You'll need to click on "view larger map" in order to see the balloons pop up. (You can navigate using the arrows in the upper left corner, but that's pretty annoying.) Not sure what the problem is. I'm sure there's a setting somewhere I'm missing. If you know how to fix it, gimme a shout.


View Larger Map

2 comments:

Emily Little said...

Looks like you had a great time! Next time you go, give me a call and I'll meet you up there. I love visiting NYC! I saw Phantom and The Sound of Music a few years ago there...phenomonal! I just recently saw Wicked here in Charlotte. Have you seen it yet? You HAVE to!! It's my fave musical to date...and I absolutely LOVE Phantom :) I'm guessing it was Starla who went with you. How's she doing??

Julie Freeman said...

That would be great! I haven't seen Wicked, but I adored Phantom. (Starla even snapped my pic with "Raoul" after the show. She seems good - you should drop her a line. She'd love to hear from you.) I saw Les Mis on a touring Broadway production that came through Lubbock. It was amazing, too. There are so many others I want to see!