Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day from me and my pup



I'm keeping it low-key in Waco this Independence Day. Most of the family is sweating it out in the country, riding four-wheelers and popping firecrackers and fishing, but the drive costs a pretty penny these days. So I'm chillin' here with my adorable pup and catching up on some things I've been wanting to do. Here are some pics of my precious Bella and some of her dawgs. I got Bella in January when she was a wee 13 weeks old. That makes her the third schnauzer in the family, behind Dad and Rae's Sadie (pictured) and Billy and Shirley's Baby, also fondly known as Doober. Bella's finally housebroken (mostly) and knows how to sit and come. Her favorite hobby is chewing on the neck of Junior, the pit bull-lab mix that belongs to a friend of mine. He's very patient with her, especially for a dog that could swallow her in a single gulp. Reminds me of the old cartoon Spike the Bulldog and Chester the Terrier, a big bulldog and the little yappy dog that keeps jumping back and forth over his head and carrying on a steady stream of conversation: What are we gonna do now, Spike? Huh? What do you want to do? You want I should find you a cat to chase? We're pals, ain' we, Spike? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Have a happy Fourth!

No comments: