Friday, July 11, 2008

On being awake at an unnatural hour

Since I am awake at a frustratingly early hour, I needed something to make me smile. Hope it will make your day.

The Washington Post has a great slice-of-life site called onBeing. It's a project "based on the simple notion that we should get to know one another a little better. What you'll find here is a series of videos that takes you into the musings, passions, histories and quirks of all sorts of people. The essence of who they are, who we are."

I was introduced to little Gio on my spring jaunt to New York City, and since then I've returned to this page whenever I need a pick-me-up. You'll find him under the archives section. Browse through some others while you're there (creepy girl's definitely worth a look). It's a fascinating cross-section of America.

Until then, beware the snail of mercy.

2 comments:

Tom and Marsha said...

So what time were you up? If I calcuate right, somewhere around 6am? That's a great time to be up. Our house starts at 0430.

Love Ya
Tom

Julie Freeman said...

Egad! You sure you married MY sister? ;) I was up at 5:30 to deal with a needy dog. That's pretty dang early for me. Remember, I worked the night shift for years.