Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Now who can resist a yodeling pickle?

If that doesn't strike your fancy, what about an Angry Mob Action Set? Better yet, try a Horrified B-Movie Victims action set. Too pedestrian for you? There's always the Albert Einstein Action Figure.

Next time I'm in Seattle, I'm going to have to stop by Archie McPhee. It's a novelty store that bills itself as "slightly less disappointing than other companies." I stumbled across a Travel Channel feature on the wacky enterprise, and I couldn't stop laughing. I know where I'm doing my Christmas shopping next year!

Here are some other gadgets "made by pixies," who obviously have lots of free time and a quirky sense of humor.
     
     * Cow acupuncture model
     * Gummy haggis
     * Pickle-pults (think catapults)
     * Mr. Bacon vs. Monsieur Tofu
     * Beef bandage assortment (including bacon strip bandages)
     * Commie mustache and beard set
     * Fiber optic mullet wig
     * Shroud of Turin Winky Jesus Card

There are too many great ones to list. Go check out their Web site, "where pickles yodel and lederhosen run free." And before you click your way over there, take a gander at one of their commercials. Who knew garden gnomes were so versatile?


1 comment:

Robin said...

i (heart) gnomes.